Offshore Betting Sites has a mission to spread the word about the legality of betting for Americans who choose to play with a site outside of US jurisdiction. Although it’s not a fact many know, it is certainly a fact that, so long as you gamble with an offshore site, you are allowed per US law to pursue such. The act of you gambling is not what’s illegal; it’s the act of offering gambling that’s illegal. So this is why you won’t find many US-based gambling sites like sportsbooks, but it’s also why you’re allowed to gamble freely on any offshore site without breaking any laws.
Throughout this sports betting page, you will learn all about the advantages of going with an offshore site, the types of sports you can expect to find, information on mobile technology, how we actually select websites to promote, and more. When you leave here, we want you to know everything necessary to go create an account with an offshore sportsbook today. More than anything, however, we want to drive the message home that, no matter where you live in America, it’s actually perfectly legal for you to gamble via an offshore betting site.
Best Offshore Sportsbooks For American’s
The following sports betting sites are all located offshore and can legally accept wagers from players in the United States. We only list a couple, because we are very keen on recommending only the top rated sites. There are a lot more sites available to choose from, but if you want to play with the best that always pay on time, have the best promotions, the best software ect.. Then stick with the 2 biggest names in the sports betting industry.
|Site Name||Bonus||Rating||USA||Visit Site||Review|
|Betonline||50% Max $2500||Visit Site||Review|
|Bovada||50% Max $250||Visit Site||Review|
Player Advantages when Betting Offshore Sports
You might not think so at first glance with an offshore sportsbook, but there are actually numerous advantages to playing at an offshore location verses dealing with a local bookies. Here are just a few of the many benefits you can experience by playing with an offshore sportsbook:
- Bookies are illegal, of course, in places like America anyway
- Only in big gambling cities and very few states can you gamble on sports legally in the US
- Offshore sportsbooks can actually offer you a ton of bonuses and promos that Vegas cannot
- You might get a free drink in Vegas, but you can get free spins and more with websites
- You never have to travel anywhere to play offshore; simply log onto a site via your device
- Whether a PC or mobile device, today’s offshore sites have software for it all
- Games typically load very quickly and won’t lag at all, using minimal processing power
- Banking options are not only numerous but also very easy to figure out with offshore sites
- Security measures are such that playing online is actually safer than walking around with money
- No matter what the sport is, you can probably find it with an offshore site; they simply have a ton of international sports on which you can wager
- Support is always there to help you out via the reputable gambling sites
- You will find many more line options, prop bets, and living betting options with offshore sites via the Internet
Why Gambling is Considered Illegal in the USA – the Big Three Restrictions
Even though the good ole USA is where you’ll find big gambling cites like Las Vegas and Atlantic City, the federal government is actually very much opposed to gambling, especially sports betting. Here are three of the regulations in America that send people to offshore sportsbooks to begin with.
The Federal Wire Act
Technically known as the Interstate Wire Act, but colloquially as the Federal Wire Act, this is a piece of government legislation passed in 1961 that made it illegal for anyone in America to knowingly accept gambling wagers via a wire (which includes telephones and now the Internet). Per its official name, this act was passed so that the feds had ultimate leverage. For example, if someone in Ohio bet with someone in W. Virginia, which state had jurisdiction to act? The federal government’s law here gave them that authority, and they certainly use it.
The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992, also called the Bradley Act, was supposedly government’s way to protect athletes from the influence of things like points shaving and undo pressure to make spreads. Oregon, Delaware, Nevada and Montana are exempt from PASPA, but in every other state sports betting is expressly illegal. Whether pee-wee league football or the NFL, sports betting is considered to be illegal to offer in the USA.
Signed by everyone’s favorite President, Mr. George W. Bush, the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006, known as the UIGEA, is that big piece of legislation that almost killed the poker boom by itself and brought the entire online gambling industry to its knees. This act basically makes it illegal to offer up any sort of online gambling to people.
However, the common theme in all three pieces of legislation is that it’s illegal to offer gambling, not illegal to gamble. So as an American, all you have to do is find a good offshore sportsbook and you can bet there legally.
Types of Sports Covered by Offshore Sites
One big benefit of offshore sportsbooks that we mentioned is that you get to gamble on an incredibly wide variety of sports. Not only can you find all your regular US-based sports that you love, like football, hockey, etc, but there are also tons of international sports on which you can bet as well. Here are just a few of the many different types of sports you can find to bet on via a reputable sportsbook:
- Football (NFL, amateur, College NCAAF, Canadian, etc)
- Basketball (NBA, College NCAAB, D-league, Euro, etc)
- Golf (all tournaments and rounds)
- Hockey (multiple leagues, pro and amateur)
- Boxing (all weight classes)
- UFC (most every ultimate fighting league and match)
- Martial arts (local and international competition)
- Soccer (Champions League, FIFA, MLS, etc)
- Tennis (every major tournament)
- Lacrosse (multiple leagues)
- Softball (local and international)
- Olympic Games
- Racing (NASCAR, trucks, bikes, etc)
- And much more
Do Offshore Betting Sites Offer Mobile Apps?
According to most reputable statistics out there, it’s clear that, within the next three years, mobile computing will be the number-one way the web is accessed. This means that most people in the USA who gamble are already looking for mobile-friendly sportsbooks so they can play from their iPads and smartphones and suchlike. Are these offshore sites up to snuff in the mobile department? This is definitely an area we check out.
When we review and recommend a sportsbook to you, that site needs to have good mobile technology working for it. This means a responsive mobile template that can load up on any device, and a great software platform that allows for quick-loading, lag-free games played on your devices. There are many sites out there with good mobile features, and that’s definitely something we look for in the information we relay to you.
Our Process for Selecting The Best Legal Offshore Sports Betting Sites
Rather than droning on about it in a very long paragraph, let’s give you a quick bullet-point rundown of some of the things we look for in a reputable website. When we recommend a website, you can be sure that site has many good things working in its favor, including but not necessarily limited to:
- World-class gaming software (platform)
- Lag-free, quick-loading games
- Tons of lucrative bonuses and promotions
- A good record for implementing safety
- Reliable payment structures; e.g. sportsbooks that operate like a bank
- Many separate banking options; e.g. deposits and withdrawals
- Great customer support that acts quickly and friendly
- Ironclad account security so your money won’t be misspent
- A record of fair-play so you can be sure that you’re getting a real experience
- A wide range of sports on which you can bet via the sportsbook
- A site that accepts Americans with open arms
- A site that deals in USD so you don’t have to convert on your own
- And more
Signing Up with an Offshore Sportsbook
To ensure you’re properly signing up for a sportsbook, as book A and B may be different, make sure you’re following precisely the instructions given to you by the site. But here are a couple of universal things that can help you sign up with an offshore site.
1) Make sure you have an email address to use that you know well and can access easily
2) Make sure you check out the payment options and have accounts and/or ways to give and receive money
3) Make sure you have space on your PC/mobile device and that it isn’t infected with malware/spyware
4) Make sure you don’t over-extend yourself by signing up with multiple books before you get the hang of using them
5) Never sign up and deposit unless you’re willing to bet. You don’t want to leave money just hanging out in your account
Hopefully with some accurate, helpful information about offshore sportsbooks, you will be able to make decisions that are right for you on a personal level. Don’t forget to check back with us to read about cool online sportsbooks, casinos, gambling information, and much more.