Offshore betting for US residents has gotten a bad rap from gambling opponents, and we are here to set the record straight about whether or not online gambling at internationally based sites is legitimate, safe, and legal. Whether you want to learn about the legalities of gambling online as a US player, or you want to find out which offshore betting sites are the most trusted, we’ve got you covered.
The gambling landscape in the US is not very easy to navigate through let alone the misrepresented nature of betting options available to Americans from operators located outside of the United States. Here we’ve put together an official offshore betting guide that breaks down the relevant information into manageable pieces to arm US residents with the data needed to make informed decisions about gambling entertainment.
Best Offshore Betting Sites – All USA Players Accepted
You will notice we only recommend a couple of sites below. The reason is simple, these are by far the most reputable in the industry which is very important to us as it should be to you. We could easily provide a list that is long, including any gambling site located outside of the US that accepts American players. Instead, we decided to go with quality over quantity.
|Site Name||Bonus Offer||Payout||U.S.||Join|
|100% Bonus Max $3000||24-48 Hours||Visit Review|
|400% Bonus Max $4,000||Up To 5 Days||Visit Review|
|100% Bonus Max $3,000||24-48 Hours||Visit Review|
A few reasons we’ve settled on these specific brands:
- They are legally licensed, possess legitimate compliance certifications for fair gaming practices, and are subject to strict regulatory oversight from respected governing jurisdictions.
- They are available to enjoy from your PC, laptop, smartphone or tablet, each with well designed and responsive mobile applications.
- Their security protocols are just as robust as what you’d find in a premier financial institution, making them among the safest online betting sites out there.
- Their bonus offers are attractive, fair and don’t carry unreasonable wagering requirements.
- Their banking suites are accommodating to US bettors and include options for using cryptocurrency to fund accounts and cash out winnings. They also among the fastest paying offshore gambling sites accepting American residents.
- The quality of their betting experience and gaming options exceeds licensing requirements and customer expectations.
- They offer multiple venues, including online casino, poker, and sports betting opportunities.
Types of Gambling Options Available at Online Betting Sites
There are three major niches of online gambling that are the essence of the industry, and several smaller niches that still see tons of action.
- Online Casinos: The brands in this guide offer multiple platforms, including a casino gaming portal that includes RNG games as well as live dealer games.
- Online Sportsbooks: Sports betting is the hottest gambling platform in the US right now, with domestic sports gambling expansion gaining momentum as well as growing popularity and access to reliable bookmakers operating overseas.
- Online Poker Sites: Online poker was probably the first gambling venue to gain some respect. While it is fairly new to state-regulated gambling markets, internet poker has been popular among American players for decades through online poker rooms based outside of the United States.
- Other Online Gambling Options: In addition the above niches, you will also see internet wagering opportunities for bingo, horse betting, esports, lottery, financials wagering, contests and more.
State Regulated VS Offshore Gambling Sites – The Legalities Of Placing Bets Online
Historically, US lawmakers have taken an opposing position when it comes to online gambling. This caused the US-based online gambling market to remain extinct for many years and allowed the overseas gambling market to flourish and offer their services to Americans. It didn’t take long for gambling sites operating overseas to recognize a revenue niche that was ripe for the taking.
If you’ve seen the news concerning gambling entertainment at all in the last few years, you’ll know that state-regulated gambling expansion is alive and well due to some major changes in US federal gambling laws. While these laws have never prohibited offshore betting that is done through legally licensed and regulated internet gambling sites operating outside of the United States, they were very restrictive when it came to domestic gambling businesses.
Is Offshore Gambling Legal?
Yes, it is, as long as it takes place at legally sanctioned destinations. There are no US federal laws that make it a crime for Americans to gamble online at betting sites outside of the country. There are only two states that have outright prohibited online gambling from all sources, including overseas websites, those being Washington and Connecticut.
As long as an online gambling site is licensed and regulated by a legitimate governing jurisdiction, then it is operating legally within the industry and can offer their services to whom they choose (within the confines of the regulations to which they are subject to), including American residents.
There are gambling sites that are not legitimate and are providing services online without licensing and other necessary credentials that would allow them to operate legally within the industry. Placing bets at those types of websites constitutes illegal gambling entertainment. The sites you see listed on this site do not fall into this category. Unlicensed gambling is considered illegal in most regions around the world, including the United States.
Is State Regulated Online Gambling Legal?
Gambling sites licensed and regulated by US states do not intersect with offshore betting sites in any way. While domestic and international gambling sites may compete with one another for market share, one does not affect the accessibility or legality of the other. Residents who live in states that allow domestic online gambling are simply fortunate enough to have the best of both worlds.
Do US Gambling Laws Dictate the Legal Status of Offshore Betting For US Residents?
Yes and no. There have been three primary federal gambling laws that come into play for American gamblers: The UIGEA, PASPA, and the Federal Wire Act. Two of those laws, the Federal Wire Act and PASPA, have undergone dramatic changes in application and interpretation over the last 8 years, and it has impacted the domestic US gambling market significantly.
Something that hasn’t changed very much is our access to online gambling from websites that are based within international jurisdictions outside of the USA. None of the federal laws mentioned above have any bearing on American access to online betting from foreign sites because none of them prohibit it or even address it from a player perspective.
Both the Federal Wire Act and PASPA specifically target domestic gambling operations in the United States, and the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act solely targets banks and credit card companies to impose regulations on how gambling related transactions can be processed.
This is good news for residents of the US, as it gives us the freedom to engage in legally sanctioned online gambling without the fear of violating any domestic gambling laws. However, it also places a heavy responsibility on us to practice due diligence to ensure that we only access legitimately licensed websites that are regulated by a genuine governing body.
The US government is not going to work on your behalf should you gamble with an illegal, illegitimate gambling site that steals your money. Failure to take this responsibility seriously could result in you being at risk of financial theft, identity theft, and exploitation through other crimes. This is why it is crucial that you rely on resources provided by industry professionals who know their way around this maze.
Why Use Our Guide To Learn About Placing Bets Online Instead of Your Own Google Search?
Anyone with an Internet connection can check Google or Bing and find a wide assortment of gambling information. So what makes our resource site different in that regard? For starters, we’re here to deal only with offshore sites, which means sites that operate outside of US jurisdiction in regions such as Caracas, Costa Rica, Gibraltar, Canada, Panama, the UK, Curacao, and the Cayman Islands, to name a few.
We also have a unique perspective on the wagering market and online betting because not only are we industry insiders, we are experienced and knowledgeable gamblers as well. This is why we can explain the legalities from a layman’s point of view, recommend legitimate and high-quality gambling sites, and provide insight regarding both the benefits and downsides to betting online. We can also provide betting tips, strategy ideas and other forms of helpful information that only comes from years in the business.
The Advantages of Using an Offshore Betting Site
Choosing to gamble internationally online does come with its perks and advantages that the up and coming state regulated options often struggle to compete with.
Here are just a few advantages to betting offshore:
- Attractive bonus offers that can double, triple or even quadruple your starting bankroll.
- The ultimate convenience that comes with 24/7 access from anywhere you have an Internet connection
- Plenty of banking options that cater directly to you – including cryptocurrencies that offer instant deposits and same day payouts.
- Legal gambling without having to travel or even leave your home
- Mobile access to casino, poker, and sports gambling.
- Sophisticated games that present fair odds and a realistic experience
- Feature-rich oftware that is reliable, looks great and reflects the latest technological advancements in online gaming.
- Gaming sites that are regulated by reputable governing bodies so you know you’re being treated fairly
Though while online gambling does have its advantages, just know that these advantages are only found with legitimate, reputable gaming sites. If you end up playing at a questionable site, you are putting yourself at risk.
Tips for Winning at an Offshore Online Gambling Site
As gamblers ourselves, it’s not just enough to tell you about the best online gaming sites and how you can gamble legally at Internet wagering sites. We also want you to win! The majority of our readers winning doesn’t hurt us. Just the opposite, in fact. The more you win, based on our information, the more reputable we come across as gambling advocates. So when you sign up for a casino or sportsbook, we want you to win and win big.
Here are a few tips we suggest to help you win.
Our resource guide isn’t some wannabe Fortune company looking to go public on the stock market, nor are we about inundating you with ads and tons of referral links. We’re real gamblers who seek to provide genuine information that you can use to find legal online gambling sites will give you a rich, rewarding and enjoyable gaming experience.
Offshore Sports Betting Sites – From live and prop bets to sports off the beaten path, we attempt to cover a little bit of everything and clue you in on which sportsbooks will be the best fit for you. Sportsbooks need to meet our high standards, and we give you a rundown of what we’re looking for.
Offshore Casinos – international destinations catering to Americans aren’t always automatically good options. Find out which online casinos are legally licensed, reputable and accept US players.
Offshore Poker Rooms – The poker boom has brought about thousands upon thousands of sites, and many of them are located overseas. Are these sites legal? What makes a good poker site? These are the questions we answer for you in our poker section.
Offshore Bingo Sites – Bingo is played in a lot of locations, but it’s still technically illegal in America. Check out our bingo section to find out how you can play bingo legally and on the best bingo sites that the Internet has to offer.
Offshore Horse Betting Sites – Horse racing may be a small niche sport to the world, but we take it seriously as a contender. We work to fill you in on the best racebooks operating internationally, and we tell you what you should expect to find on a quality site.
Offshore Betting Site Reviews – We only review the most reputable offshore betting sites in the industry. Our reviews are fair and impartial covering everything players would want to know before they signup with a site.